Apple has rolled out iPhone 5 Verizon Carrier Settings Update 13.1 which is an important new carrier settings update is now available for iPhone 5 on the Verizon Wireless network.
The Carrier update will change the Verizon carrier settings version from 13.0 to 13.1.
An Apple support page has revealed that the update, which brings the iPhone 5 up to version 13.1 of the Verizon carrier settings, includes a fix for an issue that could cause the device to use cellular data while connected to a Wi-Fi network.
To install the update:
- Tap Settings > General > About.
- Wait for the following alert to appear: iPhone 5 carrier settings 13.1
- Tap OK to install the update.
- Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see “slide to power off”.
- Slide to power off.
- After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on.
After your iPhone restarts, tap Settings > General > About, then scroll down to Carrier and verify that "Verizon 13.1" is displayed.
Read more at Apple Support.