The Best Robotic Vacuum To Solve Your Pet Hair Problem
We all love our pets. But pet hair? Not so much! Keeping up with the massive amount of fur that your pet sheds every day is an annoying part of being a pet owner.
Plus, the amount of cleaning you need to do will depend on how much hair your cat or dog sheds. If your pet sheds a lot, you can sweep and vacuum all day long, but you'll find yourself doing the same thing again in a matter of hours.
If this echoes your situation at home, you may want to consider the best robotic vacuum around. You can find plenty of models, specifically designed to get rid of pet hair, as well as dust and other dirt from the floors of your home.
A robot vacuum is very convenient, easy to operate, and needs almost no supervision from you. Plus, it's fun to watch the pets to interact with it!
But with so many options to choose from and features to consider, how do you know which one to get? Worry no more, this article will help narrow down your choices to help you find the right robotic vacuum for your home and needs.
Why Should I Invest In A Robotic Vacuum For Pet Hair?
Like most people, you probably think that a robotic vacuum is not as good at picking up the fur of your pet as your good old upright vac. But these high-tech cleaning gadgets have evolved, and most of them do an outstanding job of navigating your space.
This is all thanks to their built-in cameras and sensors that guide them during the cleaning process. They'll suck every hair and debris along the way. Likewise, your unit will filter that air inside, ensuring your home is free of tiny particles and allergens.
A robot vacuum is especially great for carpet, hard floors, and pet hair. This device works very well on these types of floorings since it'll be able to sense its surroundings and maneuver with ease.
So if you want to automate your daily cleaning routine, a robovac is the way to go. Moreover, it's the perfect equipment for anyone with chronic pain and who wants to skip manual vacuuming.
Most robots nowadays come with an app that allows you to start, stop, and schedule it for a completely hands-free experience. Many are even capable of going back to their docks to recharge without your assistance.
Top 3 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
If you have to deal with a serious amount of pet hair daily, then one of these top-performing and powerful robots is the solution you're looking for.
iRobot Roomba i7+
Pet hair won't stand a chance against the power of the i7+ and its Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes.This Roomba robovac features a strong suction that can deliver airpower ten times more than its competitors and even low-tier Roombas.
What's more, its highly efficient filter can capture up to 99% of pet hair and dander, dust mites, pollen, allergens, and dust. And when it's done, it'll empty itself out in its base, which can hold up to 60 days worth of filth.
The Roomba i7+ also comes with other convenient features like a highly advanced navigation system and smart home integration. Hence, it works with Google Home and Alexa. This, in combination with deep cleaning skills, makes the iRobot i7+ worth your investment.
Neato Botvac D7 Connected
The Neato Botvac D7 Connected will tell you when, where, and how to clean through your smartphone. Its innovative features don't stop there.
The robotic vacuum also allows you to draw virtual walls on virtual maps that it creates. This can help prevent the robot from moving near beds, pet bowls, and other sensitive areas in a room.
All of these features are fantastic, but what makes the D7 stand out is its cleaning performance and elements. This robovac has side brushes, large wheels, as well as design and shape, enabling it to tackle high-pile carpeting. On top of that, this Neato robot vacuum also boasts a HEPA filtration system.
Eufy Anker BoostIQ RoboVac
The Eufy Anker BoostIQ is an excellent choice if you have one of the furriest dogs around. Aside from being very affordable, it offers a rock-solid performance as well.
Hence, it's perfect if you are low on budget and want a cleaning gadget that can take care of all those pet hairs while ensuring your floors are clean all the time.
Another thing you'll love about the BoostIQ robotic vacuum cleaner is its slim design. This allows the unit to squeeze its cleaning brushes in tight places where the hairs of your pet usually get swept away.
Also, this Eufy model operates quietly, so it will not pester your fur buddy. However, its main drawback is that it doesn't come with a handy virtual wall feature.
Important Factors To Consider
Here are some essential factors you need to consider before purchasing your first robot vacuum:
• The layout of your home. Robovacs are not ideal for all homes. These include those with many tight spaces, stairs, and obstacles like different floor heights. You may not be able to get the most out of your unit since it utilizes a navigation system and sensors to make its way around a room. Hence, the high-tech vacuum will work best if you have a one-story home or if it has an open layout.
• Floor-type. Some units can't navigate through high, thick carpets since they'll block their sensors. However, they're great at cleaning low-pile carpeting and floorings with a smooth surface like hardwood, laminate, and tile.
• Your budget. Often, robot vacuums are more expensive than your conventional vacuum since they are very intelligent and come with advanced features. Nevertheless, they are available in a wide range of price points. So before buying one, make sure to compare the features of the models you're considering. Also, try to stick with your budget. Keep in mind that a higher price tag doesn't necessarily mean that it's the best robot suitable for your needs.
• Width and height. One of the most vital parts of vacuuming is cleaning under your furniture. Most of your pet's hair accumulate here. A robotic vacuum usually fits well under furniture like sofas, chairs, and tables. Nevertheless, you may want to check the dimensions of both your furniture and a robot. The robot's height and width are what you need to look at to ensure it will not be too wide or high for your furniture.
• Suction power. Many robovacs come with a suction power ranging from 1500Pa to 2500Pa. The more suction your unit has, the better it'll be at removing pet hair and dander, especially off of your carpets.
• Filter. Budget-friendly robots usually offer superb suction, but it may be a different story in terms of their filtration system. It's essential to choose a unit with top-notch filtering to keep particles such as dust, dander, and allergens, at bay. Microfilter, HEPA filter, and the likes are great at trapping particles.
• Battery life. The best robotic vacuum can provide you with at least an hour of continuous runtime. Nonetheless, most of these robots can clean non stop for almost two hours. This is a vital factor to consider to ensure your space gets a thorough cleaning before your robot goes back to its dock to recharge.