Q Link Wireless is a U.S.-based telecommunications company that provides free wireless services to Lifeline-eligible customers. Q Link is both a Lifeline and an Emergency Broadband Benefit provider. The company offers free government cells phone service with unlimited talk, text, and data to eligible customers. They also offer new tablets and many other benefits. In this article, you will find out all there is to know about Q Link tablets and how to activate them.
Why Should I Activate a Q Link Tablet
Not only does Q Link Wireless provide free cell phone service to low-income Lifeline and EBB-eligible customers, but they also offer tablets.
Nowadays, tablets are basic electronic devices that connect people with their loved ones. The advantages of Q Link tablets include:
- They have a webcam
- They come with a microphone
- They have Wi-Fi capability
- They are of high quality
- They enable users to stay connected with friends and relatives, work, virtual classrooms, emergency services, and more
However, by activating a Q Link tablet, you will be able to do much more. You will be able to use W Link services on it and enjoy its numerous benefits:
- You will be able to enjoy unlimited talk minutes
- You will be able to enjoy unlimited texts
- You will be able to use unlimited data
- You will be able to connect to 10 million free Wi-Fi locations
- You will be able to access America’s largest 4G LTE/5G network
Does Q Link Offer Free Tablets?
Q Link Wireless is both a Lifeline and an Emergency Broadband Benefit Tablet provider.
Lifeline is a permanent government assistance program by the FCC designed to help make communication services more affordable for low-income consumers.
Emergency Broadband Benefit or EBB, on the other hand, is a temporary government assistance program by the FCC designed to provide a temporary benefit on home internet or wireless service for eligible low-income households.
Q Link Wireless offers free cell phone services to eligible low-income customers through both their Lifeline and EBB programs.
Q Link Wireless also offers free tablets to eligible households through its EBB program. All EBB providers offer free wireless services, however, only a few of them also offer discounts on tablets or other electronic devices. Luckily, Q Link Wireless is both a free service provider and a free tablet provider.
However, in order to receive a Q Link free tablet, you must be EBB-eligible, which means that you have to meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- You must participate in a government assistance program, such as SNAP, SSI, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Survivors Pension Benefits Fund, and more.
- Your annual household income must be at or below 135% of the federal poverty level.
- You are currently unemployed.
How Do I Activate a Q Link SIM Card on a Tablet
The process of activating a Q Link SIM card on a tablet is the same as activating a SIM card on a phone. To activate your Q Link Wireless SIM card and start enjoying your Q Link services on any SIM card-enabled device, all you have to do is to follow the easy 4-step process below.
• Step 1: Insert your SIM card. When you receive your free tablet, you will also receive a SIM card kit, which includes everything you need to install your SIM card. Locate the SIM card slot on your tablet. Select the right SIM size to fit into the tray. Carefully insert your SIM card into your tablet’s SIM slot, close the tray, and turn on your phone. In case your SIM card has already been activated on your phone, you will already be able to use Q Link’s services after completing this step.
• Step 2: Reset your network. Before you can use your Q Link services on your tablet, you may need to reset your network. In order to do so on an Android device, go to Settings, press Reset or Network Settings, and finally, select ‘Network Reset’. Then, simply follow the prompts. On an Apple device, go to Settings, press ‘General’, then press ‘Reset’ and ‘Network Reset Settings’. Enter your Apple password and confirm the reset.
• Step 3: Transfer your phone number (optional). In order to do so, you must have an active number, pay any remaining balances with your current carrier, and have no existing ports initiated. Then, you can transfer your number by following the prompts on qlinkwireless website.
• Step 4: Download the app. This step is also optional, however, downloading the My Mobile Account app by Q link and logging in with your Q Link phone number may make it easier to manage your Q Link account.
In case you have any questions, make sure to contact Q Link’s customer support at 1-(855) 754-6543 or via online chat.
How Do I Activate a Q Link Tablet
Activating a Q Link tablet is the same thing as activating a Q Link SIM card on a tablet. As such, to activate your Q Link tablet simply follow the procedure described above.
On the other hand, you can also use your Q Link tablet without a SIM card. If you use it without your SIM card, you won’t be able to use Q Link’s cell phone services or access their network. However, you will be able to connect it to Wi-Fi and use Wi-Fi-enabled communication apps, browsers, music and video streaming services, and other programs and apps that do not require a network connection.
If you wish to use your Q Link tablet without a SIM card, you can simply charge it, turn it on, connect to Wi-Fi, and enjoy it.
Which Tablet Can I Get for Free From Q Link Wireless?
The exact tablet brand and model that eligible customers may get for free from Q Link depend on your state of residence and availability. Q Link hasn’t issued an official list of possible free tablets, however, according to other sources, you may expect to receive one of the following tablets: Apple 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2021, 2020 Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, New Microsoft Surface Go 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2, LG G Pad 5 -4GB LTE, Fire HD 10 Tablet, or Lenovo Tab M10 Plus.
What Phones Are Compatible With Q Link SIM Card?
Many phones from the most reputable brands are compatible with Q Link Wireless, including certain iPhones, Samsung phones, Google, Motorola phones, and others.
Does Q Link Offer Free Phones?
Sometimes Q Link also offers free cell phones to its Lifeline and/or EBB-eligible customers, however, currently, the company offers free tablets instead.
Does Q Link Have Hotspot?
Q Link Wireless currently does not offer 'Hotspot for devices' with their plans, however, that may change in the future.
How Good Is Q Link Network?
Q Link is an MVNO that uses T-Mobile’s nationwide network. Considering the fact that T-Mobile has one of the largest 4G networks and the single largest 5G network in the country, Q Link’s network is excellent. You can check the coverage their website.