Did you know that you can secretly track someone through your own iOS device? The market for monitoring solutions is full of offers for iPhone tracker, so it’s worth of knowing what suits your purpose the most before you go for it. Just find out how you can track iPhone’s location with:
- iPhone built-in app;
- spyware apps;
- parental control services.
All You Need to Know About iPhone Tracker Apps
First things first, so let’s look at Find My Friends native app that comes preinstalled with iPhone 7-8 and iPhone X that run iOS 11. Designed mostly for family sharing and social networking, Find My Friends may become a great free tool to track the iPhone.
However, there are some cons overlooked in that article:
- your phone number needs to be named in Address Book on targeted iPhone to set this up;
- the icon for Find My Friends can be hidden until next restart of the smartphone. Then it appears and looks awkward for a person never used it;
- once targeted user has pressed on the floated icon, s/he clearly sees the name of a person who has set a monitoring up.
In the vision of this, you may appeal to monitoring and parental control apps, as their iPhone tracker cannot be discovered. Nothing leads to you, as you receive the logs from iPhone to an incognito online account. Check them in Google to get acquainted with what they are capable of.
The good thing is that along with locations you get the other logs from the target, for example, from Snapchat or WhatsApp. Some services have a feature from Find My Friends called Geo-Fencing. It notifies you when your targeted person enters or leaves a zone (a fence) you defined on the map.
The only thing that may prevent you from this kind of monitoring is a jailbreak. Jailbreak is the process that allows you to install 3rd party apps (spy apps as well) on Apple device. Once again, there are cons for this type of data collecting:
- despite jailbreak is legal, it voids a warranty;
- it requires 30 minutes of physical access to a targeted iPhone;
- only old versions of iOS 7.1.2-9.1 can be successfully jailbroken.
This leaves a few monitoring solutions that allow you to track locations without jailbreak. All you need is Apple ID of your target. It all stands upon iCloud backup technology by Apple. This puts the major constraint over logs delivery: you see the logs a day behind.
Each of these approaches serves its purpose well, so you need to choose the one matches your opportunities.
How to Turn on iPhone Tracker
The only way of monitoring location from the targeted device is to enable GPS on it. GPS stands for Global Positioning System that is a primary source for locations logs. So you need to ensure on two things before you start using any kind of tracking method:
- simply go to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services and make sure they are switched on. If not, enabled them.
- sometimes this is not enough, so you may also visit Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Location and Privacy. Then tap on "Reset Settings."
All this has to be done on the smartphone of your target. As long as only parental control services allow monitoring of underaged children without their consent, adults should be informed of the fact of tracking. Otherwise, you will basically spy on a person that is illegal in most of the countries.
How Does iPhone Tracker Work?
Unlike for Android devices, the iPhone tracker can be set up both with physical access and remotely. That’s an absolute fortune in 2018 that you can find the one for jailbreak. This makes no-jailbreak a primary option.
Luckily, the list of locations is backed up to iCloud daily. Having Apple ID and the password for it you may engage in some parental control service to grasp the logs. It works like this:
- iPhone stores the backup to iCloud;
- a 3rd party service connects to iCloud of the targeted person with Apple credentials;
- the information then is retrieved and anonymously delivered to your online account.
Check this step-by-step video guide as an example on how to arrange the monitoring.
5 minutes of your time spent on this may benefit you significantly when steaks are high: like saving your child’s life or knowing something crucial about your partner before it becomes too late.